Off to the Mountains

summer mountains


This is a little bit of a tough day. Danny’s car is having some power steering trouble and is in the shop. So everyone switched cars around and I was the one left with no car. My husband is at a business meeting all day, so it’s just me and the pets.

I don’t mind being alone some…there are things I can mess around with. But I don’t feel like sewing today and I’m just tired. I guess I can just hang around and maybe listen to an audio book.

I get weighed in tomorrow at the diet doctor’s. I hope it’s not too bad. My therapist gave me the assignment of writing down every “cheat” I make. It does make me think when I know I have to write it down. She says if I can wait ninety seconds before I eat something I can skip it and move on. I’m not sure she is right.

We have sort of a little party on Friday and then we are going to the mountains for a few days to stay with friends at their cabin. This actually sounds nice….just worried about making wise food decisions. Fortunately I can take my liquid stuff. I just need a bit more courage to stand up to my hunger and wants. I do so love losing the weight.

Update: party on Friday got postponed so I don’t have to worry about food at that. I have taken a shower, unloaded and loaded dishwasher, and sewn a bit. Doing well all alone. Could not have stayed alone before.


Got up and things were good. Went to diet doctor. Have lost 10.5 pounds in three weeks. Came home and immediately ate a piece of bread….LOL. Did a little shopping. Came home and plan to do a little paperwork and then take a nap. Doctor said when I am on vacation, I can do shakes for morning and lunch and then a TINY bit of dinner if I want it. Or I can stick with the shake.

Feeling great other than guilty over lack of exercise.

Bad afternoon: Had a couple handfuls of potato chips and some crackers. Am really craving carbs. I need to stick with this diet…I am doing so well weight-loss wise.


Sort of a boring morning. Woke up at 4, had a shake and flipped on the news. Slept off and on till 7.

Husband was in a cranky mood, so I left him alone. I was talking to him and he wasn’t responding….just looking at his phone…I hate that. I am more important than anything on a phone. I am really good about this. If someone talks to me, I look up and chat back. I never ignore someone and look at my phone. Rude!

We are leaving tomorrow for the mountains. It doesn’t take me long to pack so I’ll wait till the morning.

Anyway, today was sort of a bust so I decided to declutter the den and living room. I moved a lot of junk out of there and now it looks a lot better. The rooms look ready for some Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations. Can’t believe it is that time already.

Plan on taking the older two kids out for dinner tonight. Did go out and I had grilled chicken and vegetables. Very good.


Woke up at 4. Had a shake, turned on the news (again) and went back to sleep.

I feel pretty good this morning. We are driving up to the mountains today and I have to pack and get ready. Also want to get a shower. A little nervous today about riding up in the car- there have been lots of storms and heavy rains on the road up.

Update: Made it up here with some fear on the ride. Took a Klonopin and got really tired. Had a few extra food items today: apple slices, handful of nuts, very small piece of pork roast, and 2 baby carrots. That probably doesn’t sounds like a lot, but it tasted wonderful. I am seriously trying to avoid carbs. My husband and hosts had cheese, crackers, wine, roast, potatoes, bread with butter and apple pie. It was pretty hard to resist all of that food, but I did my job.

I did walk a mile for exercise. That was good news.

If I can only keep up this level of eating, I can maybe lose a couple of pounds this week. Worst case is that I stay even.

I don’t feel depressed, just exhausted.


Was proud of myself for staying up last night and watching a movie with my hosts. So I was basically up from 6am- 10pm. That is a long day for me and not something I would have been able to do a year ago.

It’s a beautiful morning here, just about 40 degrees. The pines and sunlight are gorgeous. We’re heading off to church in an hour or so.

After church we had a great lunch outdoors. I had a healthy salad, so did well there. Came home and took a long nap. Got up and played Chinese checkers. They all watched a movie and I fell asleep.


The three of them are off to museums in a neighboring town. I am here sitting with the dog. The dog is sort of spoiled but is pretty cute and friendly. Has to go out about every two hours.

Staying home at the cabin is fine with me. Gives me a quiet day of reading, napping, and enjoying the peace. I really got into my book about a woman with bipolar called Loud in the House of Myself by Stacy Pershall. I really like biographies.

When everyone got back, I took a short walk and watched a movie. Then went to bed and did some listening to my book.


Have a dicey stomach this morning as I write this. Why am I nauseated? Try a liquid shake with a handful of psych meds. I just HAD to have more in my stomach, so we stopped at a McDonald’s on the way home. I chose the lowest calorie breakfast item they had: a sausage burrito. They were out of diet Coke (how can a McDonald’s be out of diet Coke?) so I had diet Dr. Pepper instead. So I threw all of this in my stomach. Ugh! Plus getting jiggled in the car….

I am losing weight on this diet, but still struggle with nausea and diarrhea. Fortunately, the headaches and abdominal pain have gone away.

Having lunch with a friend tomorrow. Planning on watching TV tonight and hitting the sack early.

That was my week! Thrilling, huh?




Comments are closed.