Apparently Lecy at “Simple Life Happy Wife has nominated me for a Leibster Award. It’s a blogging award for small bloggers, which Lord knows I am. I have to answer 11 questions about myself, post 11 random facts about myself, and nominate 11 other small bloggers. Hm. Well, here goes.
My eleven questions are:
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
The domain name is my name with my middle initial. My blog is “Day by Day” because it’s an account of how I struggle with bipolar disorder to make every day count for something.
2. How many unread emails are sitting in you inbox? (be honest!)
None. I’m an email addict.
3. What is your favorite food?
Chocolate almost anything
4. What is one wardrobe staple you can’t live without? (mine is hoodie sweatshirts)
My white capri pants for summertime. I love them.
5. Do you have children?
6. What is your favorite social media platform and why?
I like Facebook because I can keep up with long-distance connections from forever ago.
7. What is something you do, smell, taste that immediately takes you back to your childhood?
See my mom.
8. What is the best thing (in your opinion) about blogging?
That it is so immediate. You make an immediate connection with your readers without intermediaries.
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. Where state/country are you from?
11. What 5 things do you always have to keep in your purse/bag?
Wallet, pens, two checkbooks, cellphone
11 random facts about myself.
1. I am a native Mississippian and I have never lived anywhere else.
2. I have three children, all girls
3. I went to Mississippi State University
4. I finished my Bachelor’s degree at age 19
5 I have six unsold novels written
6 This is my fourth blogging attempt
7. I used to blog about Mississippi reality TV stars
8. I was a Girl Scout when I was young
9. I was a freelance writer for ten years
10. I used to rollerskate for exercise (read about it at “Rollerskaing Over Forty”)
11. I still use a Nokia phone with a little retractable antenna.
Nominating other bloggers. Okay
Whew, Now I have to find out how to display the award. Thanks all!