Well, I’m on a depot injection, here are my personal advantages and disadvantages.
- I see my GP every 2 weeks, so if something goes wrong with something else, I’m right there. His office is pretty close, and it gets me out of the house at least.
- I don’t have to take a pill every night, worry about half lives, losing the pills, my doc has them.
- Less side effects.
- I’m not scared of or bothered by needles.
- It works, and it works fast.
- If something goes wrong, I see my GP soon, no waiting on appointments, I can just call and get in.
- No wondering if I took that med or not every day.
- One less prescription to worry about with the rest.
- One less pill to count out in my pill box.
- Immediately after the shot I feel a lot calmer and relaxed
- I feel more cared for
- KILLS my symtpoms. FAST.
- It is a shot, and sometimes they hurt (though so far, it hasn’t)
- A bit of anxiety the day of the shot. Usually gone by the time I take morning meds.
- If I were to get side effects, it would take 2-3 weeks for them to go away
- Dropping my pants for my GP (lol)
- People think you’re really sick if you bring up “injection”
- People think you’re forced into it, that you have no choice (this was my choice)
- Having to be at a doc’s office every 2 weeks for a shot.
- The pharmacy sometimes has to order it in, not always in stock, pain in the ass (pun intended)