Heather at From Crazy With Love has nominated me for a Liebster Award. She did quite a bit of research as to what this is, and then I did some as well. It seems to come with a few different sets of rules, but the basic idea is to recognize new bloggers. “Hey! You’re not a new blogger!!” you might be saying if you’ve been following me around the interwebs for a while. But don’t get your knickers in a twist, I ran this by Heather, and she gave me the thumbs up to go ahead. I am new to WordPress, but as some of my loyal readers know I had a blog on Blogger under a different title (I thought I mentioned that somewhere around here, but can’t seem to find it-typical). Anywho, that blog was not going in my intended direction, and most bloggers I know rave about WordPress, thus this new incarnation. In addition, I found that in some rules it’s not necessarily the age of the blog but the number of followers, so with that in mind some of the blogs I’m nominating have also been around a bit but I believe are under-appreciated.
These are the rules as posted on Heather’s blog:
- Make a post thanking and linking the blogger who nominated you and include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts. All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator and create 11 different questions for your nominees to answer. Or, you can repeat the same questions.
- Copy these rules into your post.
The blogosphere is filled with a plethora of excellent blogs, and some are award-free (which I respect, but I’m big on self-aggrandizement so I’m happy to accept and move this award forward). I encourage you to look at my link page, check out my WordPress links in the right column, and of course visit the links below. My main focus is mental health awareness and domestic violence prevention, but I have other interests as well, so these links will be varied (and some may unknowingly to me have more than 200 followers)…on with the show. These are in alphabetical order so it doesn’t look like I’m saying some are more important than others, some have been wonderful supporters and some are new to me. I hope you find something that interests you as well. If you are listed and I didn’t know you’re not an award-type person, no skin off my nose if you’d prefer not to participate (I don’t mean that to sound snarky). If you’re not listed and you think you should have been, I’m sorry but I have only so much space! (Can you tell I worry too much about hurting people’s feelings?)
- morethanmydiagnoses – “an honest and frank record of mental illness and recovery”
- Mrs Teepot – Livi’s blog can be fun, heart-wrenching, and informative. She’s a person whom I admire.
- Paul Hurwood – I could go on and on about the greatness that is Paul Hurwood, but you’ll just have to find out for yourself.
- Pixel Hollow – This young woman is amazing. She’s raising two boys with her fiance, and does some awesome pixel coding. She doesn’t know it, but she’s one of the people I truly admire because she does these things (and more) while dealing with some difficult issues.
- Art By Rob Goldstein – Rob’s artwork is very interesting, thought-provoking, and beautiful (plus he’s been quite supportive to me).
- Tammy L Mezera – Tammy writes amazing poetry.
Okay bloggers, here are your questions (no demerits if you don’t feel comfortable answering one or more…or all):
- Bread – whole grain, white, gluten-free?
- What is your most difficult subject to write about?
- Conversely, what is your favorite subject to write about?
- Snacks – sweet or savory?
- How do you get out of bed in the morning when you don’t feel like doing so?
- How have your life challenges changed you-are you stronger, bitter, a cynic, disillusioned, happier, etc?
- Weather – 4 seasons or mild all year round?
- Reading – fiction or non-fiction, e-books or actual books (or “Who has time to read?”)?
- Family – genetic or choose-your-own?
- Social Media – fun or necessary evil?
- Obligatory Kindergarten question – what’s your favorite color?
These are the questions from Heather:
- Moth or butterfly? Moth – I like their fuzziness.
- Fingers or toes? Fingers – How could I bake bread without them?
- Play-Doh or Connect Four? Play-Doh!
- Shoes or Boots? Tough one-I prefer barefeet, but I love my Doc Martens – so boots, I suppose.
- Ocean or Lake? Ocean – I grew up 20 minutes from the beach in Southern California.
- Magazine or Newspaper? – Newspaper-must have my crossword puzzle!
- Pen or Pencil? – I can’t answer this one because it all depends on what I’m doing.
- Bird or Bat? – Bird – Since moving to Ohio I’ve fallen in love with the Indigo Bunting.
- Silver or Gold? – Gold
- Oak or Pine? – Oak trees (I hope this wasn’t a furniture question)
- Smiles…Closed mouth or full teeth sparkle? – If I have to stand in front of you while you take my picture, it will probably be with a closed mouth. If you catch me with one of my grandchildren or my husband, you’ll probably see most of my teeth.