I got the inspiration for this post from my good friend Kitt O’Malley, a fellow bipolar blogger who made a list of 50 things you didn’t know about her. You can check that out as soon as you’re done reading mine. :-)
1. I was born in Escondido, California.
2. I’m bilingual, Spanish/English. I understand and read Spanish a whole lot better than I speak it, but I can speak enough to get by.
3. I probably know 100 Spanish slang words for men’s and women’s private parts. That’s what I get for growing up with kids who spoke street Spanish.
4. I can cuss in French and German, too.
5. I once spent four hours in jail for being “drunk and disorderly”. Which meant I got 86’d from a bar and I refused to leave the premises. Not one of my brighter moments, that’s for sure.
6. I got married when I was 21.
7. I was reading 9th-grade level books in first grade.
8. My sister taught me both to read and tell time when I was 4.
9. My big toe is shaped like a light bulb.
10. I have skinny-dipped…well, it’s more like chunky-dunked, but you know what I mean.
11. I skipped second grade.
12. I never sneeze more than twice in a row. Which is a good thing, because my head would explode otherwise.
13. I can’t carry a tune in a bucket.
14. That said, I love singing in church and reminding God that He gave me this voice to make a joyful noise unto Him.
15. I’m a forum moderator at a football fan forum. I’m also a site guide for the world’s largest nursing website.
16. My biology teacher in high school nicknamed me “Picky” because I was always correcting his spelling and grammar. Well, it needed correction.
17. I’ve written articles and commentaries that have appeared in several large West Coast newspapers and one national magazine.
18. I was orphaned at 30.
19. I was the first person in my family to go to college
20. I graduated from nursing school and passed my boards when I was 38
21. My favorite kind of food is Mexican.
22. My four food groups: fat, salt, sugar, and chipotle pepper.
23. I never turn on lights when I have to use the bathroom at night. It’s in Braille.
24. I love a good action movie.
25. I hate movies about robots and/or zombies.
26. Two of my children (a son and a daughter) are Iraq War Veterans.
27. I once bumped into singer Helen Reddy in a ladies’ room in Las Vegas.
28. I can wiggle my ears.
29. I am afraid of birds.
30. I am even more afraid of spiders. I’d rather deal with a snake any day.
31. I was even afraid of computers before I was forced to take a class in order to graduate from college. I got over it about a week into the course, and after that I taught myself everything I know about PCs.
32. I have ridden an elephant.
33. I’m a recovering alcoholic.
34. My musical taste is very eclectic—I listen to just about everything except “death metal” and gangsta rap.
35. I love dogs, but I love cats even more and I miss having them.
36. I once danced on a bar in Ensenada, Mexico. Well, I was liquored up or I wouldn’t have done it, but looking back I realize that I was manic at the time so who knows, maybe I would have.
37. My index and ring fingers are equal in length.
38. My baby fingers are double-jointed.
39. My middle finger works great.
40. I’ve had three children by Cesarean.
Now it’s your turn to share!