Thankies to Addy for the om nom nomination and the cool questions.
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are simple:
Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post
Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award, and write them 11 new questions
1. If you could have a pet dragon, what would you name him/her? Glaurung, who is the father of all dragons (Tolkien’s Silmarillion).
2. What is you favourite book of all time? Still Lord of the Rings, all the way, forever, for life.
3. If a movie was made about your life, who would play your love interest? Can’t think of one.
4. What country would you most like to visit? And why? Marlboro country. Because it fulfils the requirements of a smartassed answer.
5. What are three things that fill you with happiness? My dog, my house, my friends.
6. What is something that no-one else knows about you? I’m far too repressed to answer that.
7. How do you think mental health services could be improved in your country? They’re so so so inadequate here. We have a ludicrously low number of psychiatrists, public healthcare is in shambles and they run out of meds all.the.time. It’s thoroughly third world stuff and govt budgets for it all are too low, and often the allocated funds don’t even get used. So better admin would probably make a very good start in improving the rest of it. I had to research local govt funding etc and I was horrified. As you can see, this is a bone I gnaw at often.
8. Chocolate or Ice-cream? Tough one. I could smartass it and say chocolate ice cream, but I think if there was an AK47 pointed at me, I’d scream chocolate.
9. What is one of your favourite quotes? All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. (Gandalf)
10. What is your happiest memory? Yoh. Another tough one. Even if I wasn’t brainfucked about the difference between mania and happiness, which is not something I can leave out of the equation, thanks to the many and varied consequences of mania… I’d still be hard pressed to think of one. So I’ll tell you my earliest and simplest one. All it was, was sunshine, warm concrete outside the back door of a house called Underhill, on Underwood Lane. A red metal tricycle with a yellow plastic seat.
11. Why do you blog? Personal infodump, therapy, clarity, connection.
So now I need to nominate eleven bloggers to get some sunshine. First and foremost, I’m nominating Kitt, I promised her I’d nominate her for every single one I get. You’re welcome Kitt! I’ll link them all to the no awards page so that you can reject them all in one place. On a more sincere and less irritating level, there are another ten to suntan: Tessa, Hazel, Neuro, kbailey, La Sabrosona, Journey, gdill, Sass, Annie, Lily.
1. Introvert or extrovert?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. Religious or secular?
4. Unicorn or dragon?
5. Grilled or fried?
6. UK or USA English?
7. Pirates or ninjas?
8. Chocolate or cigarette?
9. Cupcake or muffin?
10. Conservative or liberal?
11. Who are you?