Be alert that these children can grow up to have bipolar.
Originally posted on a simple blog:
This list is an overview of what ADHD symptoms in children may look like. It is not meant to be used for diagnosis. Only a trained doctor can provide a diagnosis.
Symptoms of Inattention
- Often makes careless mistakes and lacks attention to details (Examples: overlooking or missing details or handing in work that’s inaccurate)
- Often has difficulty paying attention to tasks or while playing (Examples: difficulty remaining focused during class, conversations, or lengthy readings)
- Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly (Example: mind seems elsewhere, even in the absence of obvious distraction)
- Often fails to follow through on instructions, schoolwork, or chores (Example: starts tasks but quickly loses focus and is easily sidetracked)
- Often has difficulty organzing tasks and activities (Examples: messy, disorganized work; poor time management)
- Often avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to participate in tasks requiring sustained mental effort, like schoolwork or homework
View original 19 more words